Zoe Austin - Music Tutor and Music Therapist

Welcome to my blog! Here you will find details of my music business plus postings about matters creative which I hope will be of interest.

Friday 22 July 2011

About me

I thought it would be useful for my first post to contain information about my music business.

I am a Music Tutor and Music Therapist operating a private practice in the Cambridgeshire area. Based in the Huntingdon district, I am able to visit music students in their homes of they are not able to come to me. I teach voice, violin, piano and theory of music at all levels and am happy to work with people from all different backgrounds and with different levels of musical experience and ability. I offer tuition in a wide range of musical styles - from Classical to jazz to folk. I am able to offer what you might call 'standard' music lessons as well as 'therapeutic/adaptive' lessons for people with learning difficulties, mental health difficulties etc.

I have around 10 years' experience of teaching music on a private basis. I worked for Dudley Music Services in 2004, Cambridgeshire Music 2010 - 2011 and will be working for Huntingdonshire Music School (HuMS  - http://www.humsa.org.uk/) come September of this year.

As well as being an experienced music tutor, I am also a HPC registered Music Therapist, practising to the ethical guidelines of the Association of Professional Music Therapists. For more information about Music Therapy and who it may potentially benefit, please read more on the APMT's website or contact me for more information: http://www.apmt.org/Info/MusicTherapy/tabid/69/Default.aspx

If you are interested in discussing Music Therapy or tuition with me further, please email za_music@yahoo.co.uk

Please continue to follow my blog and watch this space for future updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment